Monday, January 9

2006... And Beyond!

Stinky. I just wrote a whole great post on my life's mission statement, my goals and my word for 2006. And it got deleted. I hate that.

Oh well, it probably would have bored you anyway, and I really don't feel like rewriting it. So here's the basic premise. I finished my life's mission statement to help me remain focused on what God's given me and how I believe He wants me to be used throughout my life. Also, I began to write my goals for the year because one of my best friends has seen consistent year-after-year success as a result of his focus. Can't aim too high because you could set yourself up for failure. Can't aim too low, because you wouldn't achieve enough. But, I think I found a great balance.

My Mission.
While living on this earth, I exist to take up my cross and follow Jesus, love my God, family and neighbors, employ my spiritual gift as a shepherd, utilize my personality as a leader and leverage my creativity and ambition as I am conformed to become more like Christ every single day.

My Word for the Year.
Focus.

My 2006 Goals.
It's long, so I won't go into the details, but it's pretty stinking cool (if I don't say so myself), and if you're looking to live a more focused life, you should try writing your own. I'm excited about it and I'll let you know my progress as I go a long. Email me if you're interested in a copy.

Also, just so you know, one of my goals is to write more consistently on this blog. I had a whole great intro about this, but it got lost. Did I mention I hate that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jon! Everyone should take a look at his goals, very impressive.