Sunday, September 24

She's Here!

How do you put into words the miracle of life taking place before your very eyes? I don't have an answer to that question. What I do have, however, is a new appreciation for creation and the wonder of God's design.

As many of you already know, our daughter, Riley, entered this world on September 18, 2006, at 18:39. The experience overwhelmed both Nicole and me and I have been searching for words all this week to try and explain the joy and praise and wonder and love I have felt since. I have failed to find those words, but I do know this: Nicole and I are so very thankful for this new addition to our family. To finally meet her and look in her newborn eyes and hold her, it has been a blessing beyond our wildest dreams.

I will be trying to formulate my thoughts better over the coming week and post something more significant during that time. For now, enjoy these pictures that capture some, but not nearly all of the joy and wonder Nicole and I have been feeling this past week...

This is Riley right after she made her way out of Nic's womb and into our arms:

A little messy, but beautiful all the same
This is the cute little girl getting her first bath:

She liked her bath big time
This is her sucking on my thumb like nobody's business:

Her mouth is made of a vacuum, I'm sure of it

This... well, this is just a Kodak moment if I ever saw one:

Gosh she's cute


Thank you all, again, for your prayers and petitions and thanksgivings and blessings these past nine months, this past week, and for all the years ahead. We're blessed to have such wonderful family, friends, support, and we look forward to updating you with all the new material ahead of us. Because now, Regarding Us isn't just about Nic and me... it's about all of us... our family.

God bless you all.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

congratulations (お目でとございます)you guys! I have been thinking about you (and checking your blog) just about every day this past week, not knowing whether Riley had arrived yet. I am so thrilled for you guys, and wish I could be there in person to kiss the little one. Til I can, please continue to post pics - I won't get tired of them! :-)

J.R.Hicks said...

This is SO EXCITING! I am proud of you both and I know you will make the BEST parents! I can't wait to see her grow up.

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOO happy for you three!!!

Brett Berger said...

This is a little tardy, but congratulations. She is precious. Life will never be the same.