Thursday, August 10

I Have No Idea What This Means

Seriously. We have her room setup, we've started receiving presents (thank you all, by the way), Nicole's belly grows larger by the day and I can feel Riley kick and squirm and react to my voice... but honestly, for the life of me, I have no idea what change the birth of my daughter will bring. Life will never be the same. Never. Like, never ever, ever for as long as I live. I'm going to be a dad. A father. Her father. How do you explain the enormity of that to someone, much less a goofy guy like me?

I don't have the answer to that question, and I doubt anyone else does either. But I do know that I so, so, so, so look forward to it all. To every little change, no matter how exhausting, poopy (literally), challenging, frustrating or stress-inducing it may be. Because I know it's going to be one of the most rewarding, fun, hilarious, blessed and exciting things I've ever done, too. I've always loved kids, but this little squirt is going to be my kid. My child. My beautiful little girl. How much more thrilling can it get?

I don't have an answer to that question either. And, until she arrives, I will still have no idea what this all means.

No comments: